For a sophisticated living space, velvet sofas are the way to go. They instantly elevate a room’s visual appeal and are very durable. Quality velvet sofas score as high as 250,000 on the rub test, a method used to gauge the number of “double rubs” before a fabric wears out.
However, velvet upholstery is a huge investment, with prices ranging from £500 to £2,000. With that much money on the line, it’s important to ensure that your sofa is properly cared for.
Upholstery cleaning experts ACC Carpet Cleaners London offers tips on keeping your velvet sofa in pristine condition.
Vacuum Your Sofa Regularly
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove fluff, crumbs, pet fur, hair, and dust from your velvet sofa. Use an attachment fitting made especially for cleaning upholstery to get the best results.
Make Brushing Part of Your Cleaning Routine
After vacuuming, brush your sofa with a velvet brush. This specialized brush has anodized aluminium bristles that help maintain velvet’s soft texture and plush appearance.
When brushing, be sure to follow the natural direction of the velvet fibers.
Remove Stains Immediately
No matter how hard you keep your sofa spot-free, spills and other stain-causing accidents are bound to happen. This is especially true if you have kids or pets. The important thing is to remove stains immediately, before they set in.
Follow these steps to remove fresh stains:
- Gently place a paper towel or an absorbent cloth on top of the stain, and allow it to soak up the spill for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a deep bowl, mix 100 ml of lemon juice and a tablespoon of soda bicarbonate. Alternatively, combine 50 ml of water with a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Dip a soft cloth into the cleaning solution and carefully dab it onto the stain.
- Using a white cleaning cloth, blot the stain gently until it is fully removed.
- Leave your sofa to air dry.
- Once it’s completely dry, smoothen the surface by vacuuming it again.
Hire Professional Sofa Cleaners Today
Some stains can be removed at home, while more stubborn ones require the assistance of cleaning experts. With over 50 years of experience, ACC Carpet Cleaners London leaves your furniture spotless each time. We provide reliable upholstery cleaning services for both commercial and residential properties.
Beyond upholstery, we also clean carpets, rugs, curtains, mattresses, and more. You can be confident that we only use nontoxic cleaning products for your safety and to minimize environmental impact.
Keep your velvet sofa looking as good as new by trusting experts to do the cleaning and stain removal. Get in touch with us now to learn more about our services.